Spiced Hot Chocolate
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 12, one-cup servings
- Course: Dessert
Make hot chocolate for the whole group in a slow cooker.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 10 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- whipped cream and star anise, if desired for garnish
LINE a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
POUR the milk and half and half inside, then add the cocoa powder and powdered sugar. Gently whisk until dissolved, about 3 to 5 minutes.
ADD vanilla extract and nutmeg; whisk to incorporate.
COVER and let heat on high for one hour or until desired temperature is reached.
GENTLY whisk cloves, ginger, allspice, and cinnamon into the prepared base mix until fully combined, about 1 to 2 minutes.
SERVE hot and garnish with whipped cream and star anise.