Spanish Chicken Stew
- Cook Time: 7 - 8 hours on LOW or 3 1/2 - 4 hours on HIGH
- Servings: 4
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1-1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 12 ounces red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14 -1/2-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/3 cup small pimiento-stuffed olives, cut up
- Bread Sticks (optional)
Prepare slow cooker by lining with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
In 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine chicken, potato, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
Add tomatoes and broth.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in sweet pepper and olives. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more.
Serve with bread sticks, if desired.