- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 36 cookies
- Course: Dessert
Looking for a great cookie recipe? Try these classic Snickerdoodles that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- For the Cookies:
- 3 Reynolds® Bakeware Cookie Sheets with Parchment Lining
- 1 1/2 cups of softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- For the Topping:
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
PREHEAT the oven to 350°.
CREAM together the butter and sugar in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment until it becomes light and fluffy, about 6 to 8 minutes.
ADD 1 egg at a time into the creamed butter mixture until it is combined and then pour in the vanilla.
COMBINE the flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium size bowl and slowly add it to the creamed butter mixture making sure to stop the mixer to scrape to combine all of the ingredients.
MIX together 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and ¼ cup of granulated sugar until combined and set aside.
ROLL the cookie dough into 1” inch balls until there are 36.
ROLL the cookie dough balls into the cinnamon and sugar topping mixture and place on Reynolds Bakeware Cookie Sheets.
PRESS the cookies down slightly using the back side of a spoon to help flatten them.
BAKE the cookies on 350° for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown and the centers are still soft.