Slow Cooker Tortellini
- Prep Time: 35 minutes Stand:
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Servings: 12
- Course: Main Dish
Perfect for cold-weather entertaining—make this soup ahead of time, freeze, and simply reheat when your guests have arrived. There’s nothing quite like a delicious bowl of hot soup to warm your heart! And you can prepare this dish ahead of time and freeze using freezer-safe containers. Before you serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then line a 6-quart slower cooker with a liner, and add the finishing touches and enjoy. Once tummies are full and the soup is finished, just throw away the liner for easy cleanup!
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 container (32 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 oz.) Italian seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and quartered
- 4 stalks celery, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 20 ounces fresh or frozen cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Parmesan Crisps (recipe below)
LINE a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner; set aside.
ADD the roasted peppers, broth, beans, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, celery, onions, olive oil, and garlic to the lined-slow cooker. Stir gently with a wooden spoon or rubber scrapper to combine.
COVER and cook on high for 5 hours.
STIR in Swiss chard and tortellini gently with a rubber spatula and cook 7 to 9 minutes more or until pasta is just al dente. Serve with Parmesan cheese and Parmesan Crisps, if desired.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. In a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme or rosemary, and 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. Spoon the cheese mixture into 12 portions, 4 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Pat each cheese portion into a 5-inch circle. Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand on baking sheet until completely cooled. Carefully remove crisps from parchment paper.
Back to top