- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1-1/2 cups cubed, peeled (if desired) eggplant
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped yellow summer squash or zucchini
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped tomato
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices baguette-style French bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
In a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker, combine eggplant, squash, chopped tomato, tomato sauce, sweet pepper, onion, salt, black pepper, and garlic.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 4 to 4-1/2 hours.
Preheat broiler. Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Place bread slices, oiled sides up, on a baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat about 15 seconds or until toasted (watch carefully to avoid burning). Sprinkle bread slices with 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese. Broil about 15 seconds more or until cheese is melted.
Stir basil into mixture in cooker.
Serve in shallow bowls with Parmesan toast. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.