Slow-Cooker Marinara Sauce
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 28-ounce can whole Italian-style tomatoes, cut up and undrained
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 3 stalks celery, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large green sweet pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces dried pasta, cooked and drained
- Shredded Parmesan cheese Fresh herb sprigs (optional)
For sauce, in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine undrained tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, sweet pepper, tomato paste, water, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and bay leaf.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Remove bay leaf; discard. Toss sauce with hot pasta. Sprinkle mixture with cheese. If desired, garnish with fresh herb sprigs.
Back to top