Slow Cooker Lo Mein
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
- For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste), or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 5-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Line a slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Open slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
Whisk together soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, sambal oelek, oyster sauce, ginger and sesame oil in the slow cooker. Add pork shoulder, then cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
Remove pork shoulder from the slow cooker and shred the meat before returning to the pot with the juices. Stir in broccoli, carrots, celery, snow peas and water chestnuts. Cover and cook on high heat for 15 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
Serve pasta immediately, topped with pork mixture.
Back to top