Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- Servings: 8
- Course: Main Dish
If you’re looking for new and exciting recipes to try out in your slow cooker, give this delicious Mexican dish a try. Throw some chicken, peppers and salsa into your slow cooker for a few hours and enjoy some fajitas for dinner. And best of all, with a Reynolds slow cooker liner, cleanup is easier than ever!
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 packages (1.4 oz. each) fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream (optional)
OPEN slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
PLACE chicken in slow cooker liner. Place onions and bell peppers on top of chicken.
MIX salsa, fajita seasoning mix and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Place lid on slow cooker.
COOK on LOW for 6 to 7 hours OR on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours until chicken is done.
CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Gently stir chicken and sauce with a plastic or wooden slotted spoon. Spoon 1/2 cup of chicken mixture into center of each tortilla; add desired toppings and fold tortilla over filling. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.