Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice, thoroughly rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken flavored bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
OPEN slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
PLACE all ingredients in the slow cooker liner; stir gently to mix.
COOK on LOW for 7 to 8 hours OR on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours until done.
CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve food directly from slow cooker. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP: This recipe was developed for 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cookers, but it may be adjusted for smaller or larger cookers. Fill slow cooker at least 3/4 full for best results.
Back to top