Slow Cooker Beef-and-Black-Bean Taco Soup
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: Low for 8 - 10 hours or high for 4 - 5 hours
- Servings: 8
- Course: Soups & Salads
Top this soup with all your favorite taco fixings like tortilla chips, tomatoes, lime wedges and shredded cheese. Swap out the ground beef for ground chorizo sausage for an extra spicy kick!
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1.25-ounce package taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 14- to 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (5 cups)
- 2 medium red sweet peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Lime wedges, chopped tomato, tortilla chips, and/or shredded cheese
Line a 5-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain and discard grease. Rinse cooked beef to remove any excess grease; drain. Sprinkle beef with taco seasoning, salt, and black pepper; add to slow cooker. Stir in the broth, black beans, sweet potatoes, red sweet peppers, onions, and garlic.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Stir in the lime juice.
Serve food directly from lined slow cooker. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Serve topped with lime wedges, tomato, tortilla chips, and/or shredded cheese. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and discard.
Back to top