Slow Cooker African Soup
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen cut okra
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Water to cover
OPEN slow cooker liner and place it inside a 5- to 6 1/2 -quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
BROWN meat slightly in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; place into slow cooker liner. Add remaining ingredients; place lid on slow cooker.
COOK on LOW for 6 to 7 hours OR on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
CAREFULLY remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve food directly from slow cooker. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.
Back to top