Sausage and Potatoes
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 pounds sweet or hot Italian turkey sausage
- 2 medium-size all-purpose potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch half moons
- 1 medium-size onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper-Jack cheese
Add tomatoes and their juice to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Break apart tomatoes with a spoon. Stir in Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper flakes.
Tuck sausages down into sauce. Add potatoes, zucchini and onion.
Cover. Cook on high heat for 4 hours or on low heat for 8 hours. Uncover pot and remove sausages.
Slice into 1-inch-thick coins, and return to mixture, stirring gently, along with the bread crumbs.
Serve in bowls; sprinkle each with shredded cheese.
Back to top