Rosemary Chicken with Pasta
- Servings: 4
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 2 medium onions, sliced or chopped
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces dried pasta (such as penne, mostaccioli, or elbow macaroni)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
In a 3-1/2- to 4-1/2-quart electric crockery cooker place the onions and garlic. Add chicken to cooker.
In a mixing bowl combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, bay leaves, sugar, rosemary, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 hours. (Or, cook on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 hours.) When ready to serve, remove bay leaves. Stir mushrooms into chicken mixture; cook for 5 to 10 minutes more to heat through.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.