Roasted Vegetable Medley
- Servings: 8
Balsamic vinegar adds a flavor-packed glaze to the red onions, yellow summer squash, zucchini, sweet peppers, and garlic in this side-dish recipe. Cooked in an oven bag, vegetables roast without any cooked-on mess to scrub off the baking pan. The oven bag traps in moisture and natural juices to keep vegetables from drying out as they roast. They come out juicy and tender every time. When done, cut the bag open on the top and transfer vegetables to a serving bowl. Spoon some juices from the bag over the vegetables, if desired. Toss the bag and your clean up is done.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 medium red onions, cut into eighths
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 red, yellow, and/or green sweet peppers, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Disposable oven bags
Preheat oven to 400°degree F. Place disposable oven bag in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan according to package directions, shaking at least a tablespoon of flour in the bag. Cut six 1/2-inch slits in top of bag. Toss together red onions, yellow summer squash, zucchini, sweet peppers, and garlic; add to bag.
In a screw-top jar, combine parsley, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt, and black pepper; cover and shake well. Pour over the vegetables; toss gently to coat; close the disposable oven bag
Roast about 25 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring twice.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top