Ricotta Vanilla Bread Pudding
- Course: Dessert
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 slices challah bread, each 1-1/4 inches thick, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup milk
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Coat a 1-1/2-quart souffle dish with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Add bread and raisins to dish. Pour milk over top; stir to combine. Set aside.
Mix together the ricotta, sugar, eggs, sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla. Pour ricotta mixture over bread; mix lightly. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon butter over bread and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover dish with aluminum foil; place in slow cooker bowl.
Fill bowl with boiling water to reach 1 inch up the side of dish.
Cover top of slow cooker with a dish towel; top with lid. Cook for 2-1/2 hours on HIGH or until internal temperature registers 140°F on an instant-read thermometer. Cool at least 20 minutes.
Back to top