Potato and Leek Soup
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 3 cups water
- 1 1.8-ounce envelope white sauce mix
- 1 28-ounce package frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers
- 3 medium leeks, sliced (about 1 cup total)
- 1 cup diced Canadian-style bacon or cooked ham
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1 8-ounce carton dairy sour cream
- Snipped fresh parsley or sliced leek (optional)
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker gradually stir water into white sauce mix until mixture is smooth. Stir in frozen potatoes, the 3 leeks, Canadian-style bacon or ham, evaporated milk, and dillweed.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting.
In a medium bowl stir about 2 cups of the hot potato mixture into the sour cream.
Return sour cream mixture to cooker. Cover and cook about 10 minutes more on high-heat setting or until heated through. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley or additional sliced leek, if desired.