Pork Loin with Root Vegetables
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Practically the whole meal cooks in the oven bag for this recipe. Tuck the vegetables to the sides of the bag and nestle the meat in the middle. Meat and vegetables cook unattended in the oven. After 1-1/2 hours, check the meat thermometer for doneness. When done, just cut the top of the oven bag open and remove the meat and vegetables. If you like, stir the juices and spoon over the meat. It's that simple. When it's time to cleanup, just toss the bag.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 dried rubbed sage
- 1 pound pork loin center rib roast, backbone removed
- 1 pound (5 medium) parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks (about 3 cups)
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup
- 1 pound (6 medium) carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks (about 3 cups)
- Disposable oven bag
Combine 2 tablespoons of the mustard and the sage; spread over surface of meat. Combine vegetables, margarine or butter, maple syrup, and the remaining mustard; toss to coat. Place the disposable oven bag in a roasting pan according to package directions, shaking at least a tablespoon of flour in the oven bag. Cut six 1/2-inch slits in top of bag. Place vegetables and meat in the disposable oven bag; close bag. Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into the meat.
Roast in a 325 degree F oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before carving. Just before serving, remove vegetables from oven bag with a slotted spoon. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top