Polenta with Ground Beef Ragout
- Cook Time: 7 1/2 - 9 1/2 hours on low; 4 - 5 hours on high
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 16-ounce tube refrigerated cooked polenta
- 6 tablespoons purchased pesto or olive tapenade
- Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
In a large skillet, cook ground beef until brown. Drain off fat.
Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liner. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
Stir in undrained tomatoes, carrots, onions, sweet pepper, broth, salt, black pepper, and garlic. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Stir in zucchini
Cover and cook about 30 minutes more or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
Meanwhile, prepare polenta according to package directions. Serve meat mixture over polenta. Top individual servings with pesto. If desired, garnish with basil.
Back to top