Pesto Beans and Pasta
- Cook Time: 7 - 9 hours on low; 3 1/4 - 4 1/2 hours on high
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 19-ounce cans cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or canned vegetable broth
- 1 7-ounce container refrigerated basil pesto
- 12 ounces dried penne pasta
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
Line a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Combine beans, undrained tomatoes, the sweet peppers, onion, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and garlic in slow cooker. Pour vegetable broth and wine over all.
Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. Transfer bean mixture to a very large serving bowl using a slotted spoon, reserving cooking liquid. Stir pesto into bean mixture.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Add pasta to bean mixture; gently toss to combine, adding enough of the liquid to make mixture of desired consistency. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
To serve, spoon pasta mixture into individual pasta bowls; sprinkle with cheese.