- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Course: Side Dish
This delicious twist combining two traditional dishes is sure to delight friends and family.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Healthy pinch of saffron threads
- 3 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 6 cups of a baguette cut into 1-inch by 1-inch squares
- 1 egg, beaten
PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add chorizo, onion and garlic. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until chorizo starts to brown. Add bell peppers, tomatoes, salt, paprika and saffron. Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes.
STIR in stock. Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
PLACE the rice evenly into a 13x9-inch Reynolds® Bakeware Pan. Add baguette pieces then drizzle the beaten egg on top. Gently toss to coat. Pour the stock/chorizo mixture on top. Using a spatula, gently spread the mixture over the bread.
BAKE for 30 minutes, then cover with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil and bake and additional 25 to 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated.
REMOVE from oven and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
Back to top