Overnight Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Cook Time: 6 - 7 hours
- Servings: 8
- Course: Breakfast
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup regular barley (not quick-cooking)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 medium apples, coarsely chopped
- Honey (optional)
- Fat-free milk (optional)
Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
In slow cooker, combine water, apple juice, oats, barley, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours.
Before serving, stir in brown sugar. Top with pecans and apples. Serve with honey and milk.
Back to top