- Servings: 6
Easy prep and less mess make this fancy side dish worth fixing. Inside the oven bag veggies become moist and tender as they cook unattended in the oven while you put together the rest of the meal. Toss together both sweet and white potatoes for a touch of sweet in the recipe. When the meal is done and the baking pan is cool, gather up the oven bag and lift it from the pan; toss. Cleanup without scrubbing. It's the best way to make a meal!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes and/or white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup peeled baby carrots or 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs (such as marjoram, thyme, rosemary, and oregano), crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Disposable oven bag
Place disposable oven bag in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan according to package directions, shaking at least a tablespoon of flour in the bag. Cut six 1/2-inch slits in top of bag. Arrange potatoes, carrots, parsnip, and, if desired, red onion in the bag; close bag. In a small bowl combine oil, garlic, mixed herbs, salt, and pepper. Drizzle oil mixture over vegetables; toss in bag to coat. Close bag.
Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cut open bag to serve. Makes 6 servings.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top