Minty Cocoa Fudge Sandwich Cookies
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Servings: 36 cookies
- Course: Dessert
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla Sugar
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 10-ounce package mint-flavor semisweet chocolate pieces*
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1-1/2 cups sugar and the oil. Beat until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour mixture; beat until combined.
Cover and chill about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with Reynolds® Parchment Paper. Dip the bottom of a glass in additional sugar and flatten each cookie.
Bake in preheated oven for 7 to 9 minutes or just until firm. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
For filling: In a small saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, chocolate pieces, and unsweetened chocolate. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Let stand about 1 hour or until cool.
Spoon a rounded measuring teaspoon of the filling on the bottom of each of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, flat sides down, pressing lightly together.
If you can't find mint-flavor semisweet chocolate pieces, use 1 1/2 cups regular semisweet chocolate pieces and stir 1/4 teaspoon mint extract into the melted chocolate mixture.