Maple Roasted Root Vegetables
- Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Course: Side Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut in chunks
- 2 potatoes, cut in chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut in chunks
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 sweet potato, cut in chunks
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 24 small Brussels sprouts OR 12 large Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon each coarsely ground black pepper and packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rosemary-flavored olive oil
PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
SHAKE 1 tablespoon flour in a Reynolds® Oven Bag, turkey size; place in large roasting pan at least 2 inches deep.
ADD vegetables, salt, pepper and brown sugar to oven bag; turn bag to season vegetables. Add maple syrup and olive oil to bag. Turn bag to blend in flour and coat ingredients with maple syrup mixture. Arrange ingredients in an even layer.
CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
BAKE to minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir vegetables before serving.
Back to top