Make-Ahead Mexican Lasagna for Two
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings or 2 lasagnas
- Course: Main Dish
Classic Mexican ingredients upgrade this lasagna recipe for a festive dinner.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Line your loaf pans with aluminum foil to easily freeze lasagna for later.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 lb. (4 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 oz. (1 can) no-salted-added pinto bins, rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 corn tortillas (6-inch), cut in half, divided
- 1/2 cup Mexican-style finely shredded four cheese, divided
- chopped cilantro, if desired
- Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
HEAT oven to 400°F.
BROWN meat with peppers in large skillet; drain. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add VELVEETA, seasonings and water; stir. Cook 2 to 3 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently. Stir in beans and tomatoes; cook 3 min., stirring occasionally.
LINEtwo 9x5-inch loaf pans with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, letting foil extend 6 inches over each side of pan. Spread 1/2 cup meat mixture onto bottom of each prepared pan; top with 2 tortilla halves and 1 cup of the remaining meat mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Fold ends of foil over lasagna to cover lasagna. (If freezing for later use, use foil handles to remove lasagna from pan. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet. Freeze up to 3 months.)
BAKE lasagna 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
TOP with additional chopped tomatoes and fresh cilantro before serving, if desired.
Serve topped with sour cream, guacamole and/or hot pepper sauce.
Back to top