Lemon Chicken with Stuffing
- Cook Time: 3 1/2 - 4 hours on high
- Servings: 8
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small whole chicken legs (drumstick and thigh), skinned (about 5 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups quartered or sliced fresh cremini, shiitake, and/or button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 cups sourdough baguette cut into 1-inch pieces (12 to 14 ounces)
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup snipped flat leaf Italian parsley
Line a 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Reserve 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel.
In a small bowl combine remaining lemon peel, sage, seasoned salt and pepper. Remove 3/4 of the mixture and rub onto chicken legs.
Place chicken legs in slow cooker.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet; add mushrooms and garlic. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Stir in remaining sage mixture.
Place bread cubes and carrot in a large bowl; add mushroom mixture. Drizzle with chicken broth, tossing gently. Lightly pack stuffing on top of chicken.
Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Using a slotted spoon, transfer stuffing and chicken to a serving platter; discard juices in cooker. Combine reserved lemon peel, walnuts and parsley; sprinkle atop chicken and stuffing.
Back to top