Jerk Chicken Nuggets with Lime Coconut Rice
- Prep Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 - 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Course: Main Dish
- For the marinade:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup dark spiced rum
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
- For the coating:
- 2 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs, crushed fine
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground all-spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- For the rice:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsweetened toasted coconut, to garnish
Marinate chicken pieces in a bowl along with lime juice, orange juice, rum, soy sauce, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Refrigerate and marinate for 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place a rack in the center of the oven and line two rimmed baking sheet with Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil.
Spread bread crumbs across one of the prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown, about six minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
Whisk eggs in a medium bowl and set aside.
Toss together flour and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl and set aside.
Toss together the toasted bread crumbs along with sugar and spices on the rimmed baking sheet.
Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and discard the marinade. Toss the chicken pieces lightly in the flour mixture.
Lightly coat the floured chicken pieces one at a time in the egg wash using a pair of tongs.
Transfer the coated chicken nuggets to the bread crumb and spice mixture and toss to coat, pressing the bread crumbs and spices into the nuggets. Place on the remaining prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake chicken pieces for 13 to 15 minutes, flipping once during baking until cooked through.
Make the rice while the chicken bakes. Rinse basmati rice under cool water until the water runs clear. In a medium saucepan bring coconut milk and chicken broth to a simmer. Add the rice, lime juice and zest. Cover and cook until rice has absorbed all of the liquid, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before fluffing. Top with black pepper and toasted coconut.
Serve chicken nuggets alongside rice and enjoy!
Back to top