Italian Pork Chops
- Cook Time: 8 - 9 hours on low; 4 - 4 1/2 hours on high
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 pork rib chops (with bone), cut 1/2 inch thick (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 14-1/2-ounce cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 ounces dried orzo, cooked according to package directions
Line a slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Place onion in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Place half of the pork chops atop onions. Sprinkle with half of the Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Repeat layering with remaining pork chops, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Top with undrained tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Add zucchini pieces to cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. Using a slotted spoon and tongs, transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
In a medium saucepan stir together cornstarch and the cold water; stir in cooking juices from cooker. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Serve over meat and vegetables. Serve with orzo.