Italian Meatball Soup
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours (HIGH) or 8 hours (LOW), plus 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
Slow cooking meatballs makes them especially tender and flavorful—serve over a bowl of pasta and fresh vegetables for a deliciously simple meal.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Meatballs are always the perfect touch to your family’s favorite Italian dish! Use a slow cooker liner for this easy and delicious one-pot meal and you’ll have no messy cleanup.
- 1 pound lean uncooked ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 ounces egg noodles or linguine broken into 2-inch pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
LINE a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
COMBINE ground turkey, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of the onion, and the egg in a large bowl. Mix well. Shape mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
ADD broth, undrained tomatoes, celery, carrots, and remaining 1/4 cup onion to the prepared slow cooker. Stir gently with a rubber spatula to combine. Place meatballs on top of the mixture in cooker.
COVER and cook for 4 hours on high or for 8 hours on low.
ADD the noodles; stir gently and cook for 10 more minutes.
SERVE with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.
Back to top