Island-Spiced Sweet Potatoes
- Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Course: Side Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice or regular lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoonhabaneropowder or cayenne pepper
- 3 large sweet potatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
SHAKE flour in Reynolds® Oven Bag large size.
PLACE in 13x9x2-inch baking pan with opening towards wide side of pan.
ADD all ingredients except sweet potatoes to oven bag; squeeze bag to blend in flour.
ADD sweet potatoes; turn to coat evenly. Arrange ingredients in an even layer.
CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top. Tuck ends of bag in pan.
BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
Spoon sauce over sweet potatoes before serving.
Back to top