How to Prepare Elegant Beans & Rice Over Greens
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 4 cloves, garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) large butter beans, undrained
- 1 cup long grain parboiled rice
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh greens (baby spinach or arugula)
- Crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 400F. Place bag in 13x9x2-inch pan. Add garlic, flour, olive oil salt and pepper to Reynolds® Oven Bag. Gently squeeze to blend ingredients.
ADD beans, rice, blue cheese and parsley to oven bag. Gently turn bags several times to mix ingredients. Arrange ingredients in an layer in bag. Fold down bag opening two times to hold it open; set aside.
MICROWAVE vegetable stock in a microwave-safe bowl or measuring cup for about 2 minutes on high power until stock is very hot. Carefully pour or ladle stock over ingredients in oven bag. Carefully unfold bag opening.
CLOSE bag with nylon tie. Cut six -inch slits in top near tie. Tuck ends of bag in pan.