Homestyle Pot Roast
- Servings: 7
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope (1 oz.) onion soup mix
- 3 to 3 1/2 pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 6 to 8 small whole red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters
- 1 package (16 oz.) peeled baby carrots
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Reynolds® Oven Bag, large size
PREHEAT oven to 325°F.
SHAKE flour in Reynolds Oven Bag; place in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
ADD water and soup mix to oven bag. Squeeze oven bag to blend in flour. Add roast to oven bag. Turn oven bag to coat roast with sauce. Place potatoes, onion and carrots in oven bag around roast.
CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top.
BAKE until roast is tender, 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
SPRINKLE with parsley before serving, if desired.
Back to top