Holiday Sweet Potato Casserole
- Prep Time: 30 minutes Microwave: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes at 400°F
- Servings: 10
- Course: Side Dish
Nothing says the holidays like a delicious sweet potato casserole! Update this classic cold-weather side dish with a sweet, crunchy maple-pecan topping. You can make it easy to serve and even easier to clean up by using pan lining paper to line the dish (parchment side up) before baking. Once you’re done, just crumple up the paper and toss it in the trash. How’s that for a hassle-free holiday?
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 pounds parsnips and/or carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, chopped and divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Line a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with Reynolds Wrap® Pan Lining Paper, parchment side up. No need to grease dish.
ADD parsnips and/or carrots to a large microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water and cover with wax paper. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Uncover and add sweet potatoes. Cover and microwave 15 minutes more or until tender, stirring once. Drain and return vegetables to bowl.
POUR broth and cream into the bowl with vegetables. Use a potato masher to mash to desired consistency. Stir in 3 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
COMBINE brown sugar, flour, rosemary, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Using a pastry blender, two forks, or your fingers, cut in 2 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans and maple syrup and sprinkle over sweet potato-mixture.
BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until pecan mixture is just starting to brown.
Back to top