Hearty Fish Chowder
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 - 7 hours
- Servings: 6
- Course: Soups & Salads
This creamy, hearty chowder is a hassle-free meal for a busy day ahead.
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 10 3/4-ounce can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 10-ounce package frozen baby lima beans or 2 cups loose-pack frozen baby lima beans
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cod or other whitefish fillets
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Line a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Open slow cooker liner and place it inside a slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
Combine potatoes, onion, garlic, cream of celery soup, corn, lima beans, broth, white wine and lemon pepper seasoning.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Meanwhile, thaw fish if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
Place fish on the mixture in the cooker. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. Cover and cook for 1 hour more. Add undrained tomatoes and nonfat dry milk powder to cooker, stirring gently to break up the fish. Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve directly from slow cooker liner using a wooden or plastic utensil. Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and toss.
Back to top