- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 9
- Course: Main Dish
Here's a hearty meal the whole family will love.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Serve up this family favorite without the need to soak or scrub your pan. Simply bake the pot pie in a bakeware pan and toss out the mess when dinner is done!
- 1 pound of macaroni noodles
- 6 strips of chopped bacon
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1 pound of ground sirloin
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes in juice
- 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of sliced green onions
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
PREHEAT the oven to 350°
COOK the chopped bacon in a large pot on medium-high heat until crispy.
REMOVE the bacon and add in the onions and cook until brown. Once they are browned add in the ground meat and cook until there is no more pink left.
ADD in the crushed tomatoes and chili powder and simmer on low heat.
WHISK in the tomato paste to thicken the sauce.
SEASON the sauce with salt and pepper and keep warm.
BOIL the macaroni noodles in a large pot of boiling water and cook until done.
STRAIN the noodles and add them to the tomato saucepot and toss.
POUR the noodles and sauce into a Reynolds® Bakeware Non-Stick 9x13 casserole pan.
SPRINKLE on the shredded cheddar cheese and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
GARNISH with sliced green onions.
Back to top