Habanero Cupcakes with Chili Frosting
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Course: Dessert
A secretly spicy cake with sweet chili pepper frosting.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Remember to use gloves when working with habanero peppers.
- For the Cake
- 3 habanero peppers, cut in half lengthwise with stems and seeds removed
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- Reynolds Baking Cups
- For the Frosting
- 1 package (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line two muffin pans with Reynolds® Baking Cups.
PLACE the habanero peppers in a food processor. Process for 1 minute or until peppers are finely chopped. Set aside.
PREPARE the chocolate cake mix as instructed on the box instructions. Add the habaneros peppers to the batter then mix to combine. Transfer to prepared muffin tins then bake as instructed on the box instructions. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
BEAT the cream cheese and butter in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Add chili powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and continue beating to incorporate. Gradually add the powdered sugar and continue beating until fully combined.
FROST cupcakes before serving.
Back to top