- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Course: Side Dish
This upgrade on traditional stuffing is just what you’ve been looking for!
For the stuffing
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 pound cooked gyro meat, cut into small strips
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 oz.) of 6 pita loaves, cut into 1-inch by 1-inch squares (about 8 cups)
- 1 egg, beaten
For the Tzatziki
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, oregano and Greek seasoning.
COOK over medium-high heat, stirring often for 2 to 3 minutes. Add gyro meat and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the stock and continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
PLACE pita bread in a 13x9-inch Reynolds® Bakeware Pan. Drizzle the beaten egg on top and toss to coat. Pour the stock/gyro mixture on top. Using a spatula, stir mixture to fully coat the pita bread.
BAKE for 30 minutes, then cover with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil and bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes.
COMBINE all items for Tzatziki. Stir thoroughly to combine.
SERVE Gyro Stuffing with Tzatziki sauce.
Back to top