Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream
- Servings: 6
Flour and corn tortillas fold and roll best when they've been warmed. For tacos, the tortillas are stacked and wrapped in aluminum foil. Seal the edges so tortillas don't dry out. The aluminum foil packet of tortillas heats on the grill right next to the fish. Tortillas are warm and delicious when you're ready to assemble the tacos. For quick oven warming, stack tortillas on aluminum foil and seal the packet shut. Bake the foil packet in a 350° oven about 10 minutes or until heated and steamy.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 pound fresh skinless red snapper, tilapia or sole fillets, about-1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 6 corn tortillas or tostada shells
- 2 shredded romaine lettuce or packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut into thin slices (optional)
- 1 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Snipped cilantro (optional)
- Aluminum foil
Preheat gas or charcoal grill.
Place fish fillets on a plate; rub each fillet on both sides with the oil. In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; rub onto fillets on both sides. Stack tortillas, if using, and wrap in aluminum foil. For chipotle cream, in another small bowl stir together sour cream and chopped chipotle pepper; set aside.
For a charcoal grill, place fish and aluminum foil packet of tortillas on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork and tortillas are heated through, turning fish and tortilla stack once. (Allow 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish). (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place fish and aluminum foil packet of tortillas on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
Fill warm tortillas or top tostada shells with lettuce, fish, and avocado slices. Serve with fresh salsa, chipotle cream, lime wedges, and cilantro, if desired.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top