Festive Rice Pudding
- Cook Time: 5 - 6 hours (low) or 2 1/2 - 3 hours (high)
- Servings: 16
- Course: Dessert
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 quart whole milk (4 cups)
- 1 quart half-and-half (4 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice (do not substitute long grain rice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 4 to 6 whole cloves, tied in a 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth bag
- Purchased lingonberry sauce
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner, stir together milk, half-and-half, sugar, rice, and salt. Add vanilla bean and cloves.
Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5 hours. (Do not stir). Remove vanilla bean and cloves. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes before serving. (If pudding gets too thick upon standing, stir in additional milk to make desired consistency.) Serve warm or chilled with lingonberry sauce.
Back to top