Fennel and Pear Chicken Thighs
- Cook Time: 7 - 8 hours (Low) or 3 1/2 - 4 hours (High)
- Servings: 6
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 6- to 7-ounce jars (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely snipped dried pears
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, finely ground
- 2-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup pear nectar or apple juice Hot cooked couscous or rice
- Fennel tops (optional)
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine sliced fennel, mushrooms, and dried pears. Sprinkle with tapioca.
Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with salt, thyme, and pepper. Pour pear nectar over mixture in cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Serve chicken mixture with hot cooked couscous. If desired, garnish with fennel tops.
Back to top