Farmer's Market Vegetable Soup
- Cook Time: 8 - 9 hours (low) or 3 - 4 hours (high)
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1/2 of a small rutabaga, peeled and chopped (2 cups)
- 2 large roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots or parsnips, chopped
- 1 large red-skinned potato, chopped
- 2 medium leeks, chopped
- 3 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 1/2 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dried bow-tie pasta
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- Garlic Toasts (see recipe, below; optional)
Combine rutabaga, tomatoes, carrots, potato, and leeks in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Add vegetable broth, fennel seeds, sage, and pepper.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 4-1/2 hours. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir cooked pasta and spinach into soup mixture. Ladle into bowls and serve with Garlic Toasts.
Brush both sides of eight 1/2-inch baguette slices with 1 tablespoon garlic-flavored olive oil. Arrange on a baking sheet.
Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 minute. Turn; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes more or until lightly toasted.
Back to top