Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 - 28 minutes
- Servings: 9
- Course: Soups & Salads
A hearty crust of cornmeal and cheddar holds a creamy, savory filling of chicken and veggies.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Serve up this family favorite without the need to soak or scrub your pan. Simply bake the pot pie in a dish lined with pan lining paper and toss out the mess when dinner is done!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 package (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line a 2-quart square baking dish with Reynolds Wrap® Pan Lining Paper, parchment side up.
MELT cream cheese over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the milk slowly; then add the 1 cup Parmesan cheese. Continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
ADD frozen vegetables, thyme, and black pepper to the skillet. Cook and stir just until boiling. Stir in chicken; heat through. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
DIP biscuit dough rounds in cornmeal to coat.
PLACE biscuit dough rounds on top of hot mixture in baking dish, cutting rounds as needed to cover mixture. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese on top.
BAKE, uncovered, 25 to 28 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and crust is golden.
LET stand 15 minutes before serving.