Easy Green Bean Casserole
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 9 to 12
- Course: Side Dish
Impress your friends and family this holiday season with this easy to make and delicious Green Bean Casserole recipe. See how easy it is in our video here.
- 2 pounds trimmed and par boiled green beans
- 1 pound sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 chopped strips of crunchy cooked bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 2 cups French fried onions
- 1 Reynolds® Bakeware 13x9 pan with hot pad and carrier
PREHEAT the oven to 350°.
MELT the butter in a large pot on high heat and add in the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
ADD in the mushrooms and cook until they are lightly brown.
SPRINKLE the flour over top of the mushrooms and onions and stir until they are completely coated.
POUR in 3 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil.
WHISK in the heavy cream.
ADD the sauce to a large pot with the parboiled green beans and mix together.
SEASON with salt and pepper and fold in the chopped bacon.
POUR the mixture into a Reynolds® Bakeware 13x9 pan with hot pad and carrier and sprinkle on the 2 cups of bread crumbs and then the 2 cups of French fried onions.
BAKE in the oven on 350° for 30 minutes or until the French fried onions and bread crumbs turn golden brown.
Back to top