Easy Cheesy Poached Eggs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
- Servings: 1
- Course: Breakfast
Poached eggs are easy-peasy with this simple recipe.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIPS:
• Place the Easy Cheesy Poached Eggs on toasted English muffin, sliced biscuit or bagel for a great breakfast sandwich.
• For a gentle boil, heat the water until hot enough to form big bubbles that don’t pop and splatter.
• Use the foil pan lid as a placemat for the hot bowl when removing it from the boiling water; just remember to place the dry side against the counter to keep your counter dry.
- 1 small can or jar that is about 3 inches in diameter
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
POUR enough water into the pot to be about ¾-inch deep.
HEAT on medium-high until water comes to a gentle boil. Loosely cover the pot a sheet of standard gauge Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil to form a lid.
MEANWHILE, make a foil bowl: TEAR a 7 to 8-inch sheet of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Aluminum Foil. Center non-stick foil over end of can, with the non-stick, dull, side toward the can; press the foil around can to form a “bowl” with about 1-inch sides. SCRUNCH the ends of the foil to make the rim of the bowl. Lift the foil bowl from the can and place it on the counter.
SPRINKLE shredded cheddar cheese into foil bowl. CRACK the egg and place it in the foil bowl. Use slotted spatula to carefully SIT the bowl into the gently boiling water. Cover with foil lid.
COOK 5 to 6 minutes until egg white is white and opaque; the yolk is firm and reaches 165°F. The yolk will be soft, add additional time if you prefer a firm yolk.
CAREFULLY LIFT the foil bowl from the water using a slotted spatula. Let sit about 1 minute until foil is cool enough to handle.
FOLD back the sides of the foil. Use spatula to gently slide egg onto plate.
Back to top