Cumin Spiced Quinoa with Vegetables
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 - 25 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole grain quinoa
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut in inch slices
- 1 small orange bell pepper, cut in inch chunks
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut in inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, sliced and cut in inch chunks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup peeled baby carrots, cut in half crosswise
- 2 1/2 cups unsalted vegetable stock or broth cup chopped
- fresh basil, chopped fresh cilantro, and toasted pine nuts (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 400F. Place Reynolds® Oven Bag in 13x9x2-inch pan.
ADD flour, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper to oven bag; gently squeeze bag to blend ingredients. Add quinoa and vegetables; turn bag several times to mix ingredients. Arrange ingredients in even layer in bag. Fold down bag opening two times to hold bag open; set aside.
MICROWAVE vegetable stock in a medium microwave-safe bowl for about 4 minutes on high power until stock is very hot. Carefully pour or ladle stock over vegetables. Carefully unfold bag opening.
CLOSE bag with nylon tie. Cut six -inch slits in top of bag near tie. Tuck ends of bag in pan
BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and quinoa is soft and translucent. Let stand 5 minutes. Carefully cut top of bag open; stir. Top with fresh herbs and pine nuts, if desired. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
To Toast Pine Nuts
To toast pine nuts, place in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Remove quickly from heat when browned, as they will burn easily.
Back to top