- Cook Time: 5 - 6 hours (low) or 2 1/2 - 3 hours (high)
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Course: Soups & Salads
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 2 14-1/2-ounces cans golden hominy, drained
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chili peppers, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/or or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 14-1/2 ounce can tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 2 14-1/2 ounces cans reduced-sodium chicken broth 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- Fat-free dairy sour cream (optional)
Place hominy, chili peppers, onion, garlic, chicken, tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, and cumin in a 3-1/2, 4-, or 5-quart crockery cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
Cover and cook on low setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in cilantro. Garnish each serving with fat-free sour cream, if desired.
Back to top