Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Servings: 4
- Course: Soups & Salads
A white sauce mix and dried tortellini make this soup recipe extra easy; stirring in the spinach at the last minute gives it fresh-from-the-garden flavor. The slow cooker is popular because it lets you come home to a ready-to-serve meal. Toss together a quick salad and slice some crusty bread for a complete menu. The slow cooker liner reduces clean up to simply pulling the empty liner from the cooled slow cooker and throwing the liner away.
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 1 1/2-ounce envelope white sauce mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 7- to 8-ounce package dried cheese tortellini (about 2 cups)
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or torn spinach
- Ground black pepper (optional)
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Disposable slow cooker liner
Place the disposable slow cooker liner inside a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides; pull top of liner over rim of bowl. Place dry white sauce mix in the slow cooker. Gradually add the water to the white sauce mix, stirring until smooth. Stir in broth, mushrooms, onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano, and cayenne pepper.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Stir in dried tortellini. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1 hour more or high-heat setting for 45 minutes more.
Stir in evaporated milk and fresh spinach. If desired, sprinkle individual servings with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Cool slow cooker completely; remove liner and discard.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top