Creamed Chicken and Corn Soup
- Servings: 4
Prepare this hearty soup recipe in your slow cooker on those busy days when you don't have time to make dinner. Sprinkle each serving with crumbled bacon for an family-pleasing touch. For slow cooker fans, the slow cooker liner is a must-have item for easy cleanup after slow cooker meals. Cool the slow cooker completely; remove empty liner and discard. Wipe cooled slow cooker bowl with a clean, damp cloth or paper towel to easily clean up any dried on juices or spills. The slow cooker liner saves you the hassle of scrubbing a messy slow cooker bowl.
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 26-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 14 3/4-ounce can cream-style corn
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped carrot (2 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- Disposable slow cooker liner
Place the disposable slow cooker liner inside a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides; pull top of liner over rim of bowl. Combine chicken, chicken soup, cream-style corn, chicken broth, carrot, onion, frozen corn, celery, and water; add to the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
Remove chicken from cooker; cool slightly. Chop chicken; stir chopped chicken into soup in cooker. Sprinkle each serving with bacon. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Used with permission. © Meredith Corporation. http://www.meredith.com. All rights reserved.
Back to top