- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 - 6 hours (low) or 2 1/2 - 3 hours (high)
- Servings: 14
- Course: Appetizers & Snacks
This warm, festive beverage with hints of clove and cinnamon will be the hit of any gathering.
- 6 inches stick cinnamon, broken
- 12 whole cloves
- Cheese cloth
- Kitchen twine
- 1/2 of a 12-ounce can frozen cranberry juice concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 of a 12-ounce can frozen raspberry juice blend concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1 6-ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup brandy or rum or 6 regular tea bags (optional)
- Orange slices (optional)
- 4- to 6-inch cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
Make spice bag by cutting a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth into a 6-inch square. Place cinnamon and cloves in center of square. Bring up corners of cloth and tie with clean twine.
Line a slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Openslow cooker liner and place it inside a 3 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
Combine the thawed cranberry juice concentrate, raspberry juice blend concentrate, apple juice concentrate, sugar, lemon juice, and 8 cups water slow cooker liner.
Add the spice bag to the juice mixture. Cover; cook for 5 to 6 hours on low or for 2-1/2 to 3 hours on high. Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Remove the spice bag and discard.
If desired, about 5 minutes before serving, add brandy or rum or the tea bags to the crockery cooker. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags, if using.
To serve, ladle beverage into mugs or cups. If desired, add an orange slice and cinnamon stick to each serving.
When finished, cool slow cooker completely. Discard any remaining liquid with a non-metal ladle. Remove liner and toss. Do not lift or transport liner with liquid inside.