Country Swiss Steak
- Cook Time: 10 - 12 hours (low) or 5 - 6 hours (high)
- Servings: 4
- Course: Main Dish
Reynolds Kitchens tip
Making Meal Magic is simple. Reynolds products help you to make your meals easier and faster. Learn how to cook your best with Reynolds Kitchens.
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 4 ounces spicy fresh bratwurst or other sausage, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14-1/2 ounce can chunky tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, and spices
- 2 cups hot cooked noodles or rice
- Fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces.
Brown meat and sausage in hot oil in a skillet.
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric crockery cooker lined with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner place onion. Sprinkle with thyme, tapioca, salt, and pepper. Pour undrained tomatoes over vegetables. Add meat.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours.
Serve with noodles or rice. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Back to top